Friday, January 4, 2013

Dear Toyota Rav4


Dear Toyota Rav4,
            I’ll be honest and admit that I probably am not the best person to be giving driving advice, considering I’ve received about 15 speeding tickets. Although I have been doing much better lately. Anyway, one thing that does annoy me is tailgating. And it's more than just your normal tailgating, when I can look in my rearview mirror and see you peering over your steering wheel determining how close you can get to my bumper, that annoys me.
            Now I’ll admit there are times when tailgating someone is acceptable. To give a few examples; if I were going under the speed limit, which I wasn’t. Or if I were in the left lane going the exact speed limit, which I wasn’t. Or if there were no one in front of me and I was going only barely over the speed limit, which there wasn’t and I wasn’t.
            No Toyota Rav4, you chose to tailgate me while we were in traffic, with four cars in front of me, the first of which being a giant truck that you can obviously see. I understand that I have left a little more than a car length in between the truck and I, but that’s to let him know that I know it’s not his fault we’re only going 3mph over, it’s the three cars in front of him cause the slow progress.
            No Toyota Rav4, you’ve decided to blame me personally for our current speed. And for some reason you think it’s necessary to yell profanities at me when I slow down to 50mph to get you off my bumper. By the way, you yelling profanities at me doesn’t offend me, because I can’t hear you! And no, I’m not going to let you pass me on the right. First, because I don’t want you cutting me off and second, because there’s nowhere to go in front of me.
            So Toyota Rav4, if you’re in a hurry to get somewhere, either leave five minutes earlier or accept the fact that there is going to be traffic and you might be late. Either way, stop tailgating me!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment